We currently have one open position:
Development and Administrative Assistant (part time)
JOIN for Justice seeks to strengthen Jewish organizers’, leaders’, and organizations’ community organizing practice so that the Jewish community and Jewish leaders play an important and effective role in the social justice struggles of our country. The organization also promotes and develops the art and science of organizing among Jews in order to strengthen the Jewish community by helping leaders build Jewish communities built around relationship, mission, and action. We train and mentor Jewish leaders and community organizers through our year-long organizing fellowship program, our seminary leadership program, clergy fellowship, online classes, and consulting work.
JOIN for Justice seeks a part-time (approx. 15 hours/week over 3 days/week) in-office Development and Administrative Assistant reporting to the Operations and Grants Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS: We seek a highly organized detail-oriented individual skilled at handling multiple projects who at the same time displays a commitment to the mission of JOIN for Justice. Experience with fundraising and donor management software databases and office administration is required. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Docs literacy required.
Gift entry and acknowledgements
- Add new records and update existing records in donor database (GiftWorks), track gifts and other donor or prospect data/information
- Process all contributions in GiftWorks, enter gift and donor details, and generate donor acknowledgement letters.
- Pull reports from GiftWorks for mailings and internal review
- Assemble informational packets and other materials for meetings, events, and grant applications
- Order and stock office supplies
- Provide basic tech support, and liaise with off-site IT consultant
- Basic office cleaning and organization
- Support fundraising and donor cultivation events
- Provide administrative/tech support for online course and other programs
- Donor prospecting research through DonorSearch software
- Other duties as may be assigned
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter and resume to Director of Operations and Consulting Programs Ellie Axe at firstname.lastname@example.org (no telephone calls accepted). Please use the subject line “Development Assistant Application.” Immediate start is available. We will review applicants on a rolling basis until position is filled.
JOIN for Justice is an equal opportunity employer. We carefully consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.