We currently have two open positions:
We will be accepting applications for each of these positions until they are filled.
Administrative Assistant, Full-Time
JOIN for Justice, commonly referred to as JOIN, is seeking an Administrative Assistant based in our national office in Boston. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the organization’s operations and program needs with grace and enthusiasm. This role reports to the Operations and Grants Officer and is an excellent position for an organized professional wanting to contribute to a growing national nonprofit working for social justice.
- Maintain accurate records in donor database; track gifts and other donor or prospect data/information
- Process all contributions in database and generate donor acknowledgement letters
- Assist in execution of fundraising appeals
- Pull reports for mailings and internal review
- Support fundraising and donor cultivation events
- Research donors and prospects
Executive and Program Support
- Manage scheduling and booking travel for senior staff
- Support board communications and events
- Take clear and succinct meeting minutes
- Provide some logistical support for programs
- Enter participant information from surveys
- Provide administrative/tech support for online course programs
- Manage physical office needs
- Liaison with landlord and vendors
- Provide basic tech support, and liaise with off-site IT consultant
Qualifications and skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Tremendous attention to detail
- Comfort with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Docs
- Exceptional time management and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Experience with fundraising and donor management software databases
Full-time exempt position. Salary for this position is mid-$30,000’s, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter and resume as attachments to email@example.com and indicate your name and “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. We are accepting applications until the position is filled. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with JOIN for Justice.
Communications Manager, Full-Time
JOIN for Justice, commonly referred to as JOIN, is seeking a Communications Manager, ideally based in our national office in Boston. The Communications Manager is responsible for communicating the vision and voice of JOIN for Justice to multiple stakeholder groups, including participants, Board members, donors, and partners. This role reports to the Executive Director.
- Design, create and implement a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy that incorporates all audiences and stakeholders.
- Develop and lead all marketing efforts, including but not limited to brand management, messaging, materials to advance the JOIN’s strategic and operating objectives. Ensure consistency of message and brand standards throughout all materials and media.
- Produce all print and digital communications, including e-newsletters, brochures, grant proposals and reports, advertisements, fundraising letters, annual reports, promotional materials, video, etc. for individual programs and organization as a whole.
- Write and edit all press releases, letters, articles, and stories that promote JOIN.
- Manage website including design, content development, publication, and maintenance. Oversee website redesign in coming year.
- Measure impact of digital and other campaigns.
- Work with existing staff to develop content and coach them on their representations of the organization.
- Design social media strategies and regularly post content.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with media.
- Manage all creative partners and vendor relationships as appropriate.
- Staff the Marketing and Communications Committee of the board.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 3-5 years experience in communication preferred
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Tremendous attention to detail
- Deep understanding and facility with Constant Contact, WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn, and experience with social media
- Design knowledge and a good eye
- Comfort with quick design-test-improve cycles
- Experience developing and producing internal communications materials and publications
- Strong creative, strategic, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, establish goals and demonstrate quantifiable results
- Strong, effective, high-energy team player with a can-do attitude
Full-time exempt position. Salary for this position is mid-$50,000’s, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter and resume as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your name and “Communications Manager” in the subject line. We are accepting applications until the position is filled. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with JOIN for Justice.
JOIN for Justice is an equal opportunity employer. We carefully consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. People of color, transgender individuals and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.