*Sign up to learn more at our April 2 Info Call at 12:30PM EST here!*
If your organization is interested in hiring a Jewish Organizing Fellow, below is what you can expect from our process (this is the same process as for the Empower Fellowship):
- Placement Application: The application consists of organizational information, an explanation of the role of organizing in your organization, a JOIN Fellow job description and the option to apply for a JOIN subsidy. If your organization has hired a JOIN Fellow in the last two years, please contact Tali Smookler as it is possible you won’t need to resubmit the entire application. Applications are due on April 8, 2019.
- Placement Review: Once applications are received, a group of JOIN staff, alumni and volunteer leaders will read applications to determine if organizations meet JOIN’s criteria. We will also review if your organization is a good fit for our Empower Fellowship program. Additionally, we will review any subsidy applications and be in touch with what we are able to offer your organization. As part of this process, JOIN may do a site visit for organizations that have not yet worked with JOIN. NOTE: If you are accepted as an Empower Placement at this stage in the process, this does not guarantee that you will host an Empower Fellow. Rather it means we will match you with Empower candidates during Match Day (see below) and if a match is made with an Empower Fellow, that is when you will officially be an Empower Placement (you may end up matching with a non-Empower Fellow).
- Interviewing and Matching Event: Once organizations have been accepted as placement organizations, if they do not already have a staff member applying for the fellowship and are looking to hire an organizer from our pool, they will be invited to attend our Matching Event on May 13, 2019. Below is more context for how we select our finalists that Placements interview on Match Day:
- Applicants submit a written application and are phone screened. Those who are selected to move on in the process are invited to the group Interview Day which takes place on April 7, 2019. After Interview Day, almost half of the candidates will be cut.
- The finalists selected at this event will interview with placement organizations a few weeks later on Matching Day on May 13. Here, placement organizations will have six hours of interviews with our top candidates in-person at our Matching Day event location. JOIN will schedule these interviews.
- At the end of the day, Placements and Finalists will all be asked to submit an initial preference form. This form is not binding.
- Second Interviews: In the two weeks following the interview event, Placements will have an opportunity to follow up with candidates they were impressed with and potentially have them meet other members of the staff.
- Final Preference form: At the end of the interview process (about two weeks), Placements will be asked to submit a final preference form with the names of the Finalists they would be willing to hire. Organizations should only submit this form if they are willing to hire the people they list. It is based on these forms that JOIN will be making job offers.
- Job offers: JOIN will call the candidates and offer them the best match for a job. Once a Finalist accepts, Placement organizations are responsible for sending a letter of hire and determining start date and other hiring logistics.
We will be in touch with you throughout to guide you through this process.