- Placement Application: The application consists of organizational information, an explanation of the role of organizing in your organization, a JOIN Fellow job description, and the option to apply for a JOIN subsidy. If your organization has hired a JOIN Fellow in the last two years, please contact Kat Macias at email@example.com as it is possible you won’t need to resubmit the entire application. The application deadline is July 1st, 2021.
- Placement Review: Once applications are received, a group of JOIN staff, alumni and volunteer leaders will read applications to determine if organizations meet JOIN’s criteria. We will also review if your organization is a good fit for our Empower Fellowship program. As part of this process, JOIN may ask to speak with you or others from your organization to learn more about your work.
- Interviewing and Matching Process: Once organizations have been accepted as placement organizations, if they do not already have a staff member applying for the Fellowship and are looking to hire an organizer from our pool, they will be invited to interview our candidates.
- The week before Match Week, on Tuesday, August 24th, placements will attend a Zoom training on implicit bias in interviews.
- Our Virtual Match Week runs August 30th to September 1st, 2021, between 9-5 ET. Over this time placement organizations will have the opportunity to virtually interview about five of our top candidates. JOIN will schedule these interviews.
- At the end of the last day, Placements and Finalists will be asked to submit an initial preference form. This form is not binding.
- In the weeks following the interview event, Placements will have an opportunity to follow up with candidates they were impressed with and potentially have them meet other members of the staff.
- At the end of the interview period on October 1st, Placements will be asked to submit a final preference form with the names of the Finalists they would be willing to hire. Organizations should only submit this form if they are willing to hire the people they list. It is based on these forms that JOIN will be making job offers.
- Between October 4-22, 2021, JOIN will call the organizations and confirm the matches and the offers. At this time, we will also notify organizations that applied for a subsidy if they will receive a subsidy and the amount of the subsidy. JOIN will call candidates and offer the job. Once a Finalist accepts, Placement organizations are responsible for sending a letter of hire and determining start date and other hiring logistics.
We will be in touch with you throughout to guide you through this process.