JOIN for Justice envisions a revitalized Jewish community that plays a powerful role in this country’s social justice struggles. We train and mentor Jewish leaders, rabbis, and community organizers through our yearlong Jewish Organizing Fellowship, Seminary Leadership Project, Clergy Fellowship, online classes, Field Training, and consulting work with organizations. We believe that our Jewish religious, historical, and cultural traditions compel us to organize our communities and take powerful action together in support of the pressing social justice issues of our time and that those unique traditions can be a particularly indispensable resource in harnessing the power of faith for good. Thousands of people we have trained are tapping these traditions as they work in cities across the country forging relationships, building power, and winning change for their communities.
We seek a full-time Development Officer who will support our growth campaign and annual fund. The candidate will work closely with the Director of Development on the creation and implementation of key fundraising strategies outlined in the growth campaign. They will also be responsible for managing our annual fund. This person will have experience as a development professional and demonstrated involvement in annual funds and/or other fundraising campaigns. Highly favorable to us are candidates who have strong relationship-building skills, are entrepreneurial, and can use these skills to derive benefits, create new opportunities, and raise vital funds for our organization. At JOIN for Justice, we believe social justice fights require the voices of those most directly impacted by injustice. JOIN is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff team and strongly encourages those from marginalized groups to apply for this role.
This is a Boston-preferred position, with remote possible.
The Development Officer will:
- Cultivate and steward small to mid-level donors through the giving cycle
- Support the ongoing stewardship and cultivation of major donors
- Plan and execute small to mid-size events
- Create donor development resources, such as toolkits, case statements, pledge forms, thank you letters, and more
- Design and implement direct marketing campaigns (via snail mail and digitally)
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Reliable self-starter and team player
- Effective writing and speaking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience closing 4-figure gifts
- Experience developing and sustaining strong relationships
- 3-5+ years of work experience in development and communications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, WordPress, GiftWorks, and AdobeSuite
- Strong interest in community organizing
- Passionate about social justice
- Familiarity with the Jewish community a plus
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion practices and ability to bring this orientation into all areas of work
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
-80% covered medical and dental benefits for yourself, spouse and/or children
-22 Paid Jewish and National Holidays, 2 Floating Holidays
-12 days paid sick leave annually, and 12 days paid vacation first year
-Eligible for 401(k) retirement plan after one year of service, contributions matched up to 5%
-Fully covered life, short and long-term disability insurance
-Flexible Spending Account
-Options for flexible and remote work schedules when needed
-Casual dress code
-Communal, mission-driven, and intellectually stimulating work environment
-Salary commensurate with experience and in line with the finances of a small non-profit, ranging from $50K – $55K
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter and resume as attachments to email@example.com and indicate your name and “Development Officer” in the subject line. Applications are due March 2 but the position will be open until filled. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
JOIN is an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in this work.
Download the full job description here.