Thank you for your interest in the Jewish Organizing Fellowship. In light of COVID-19, the next Fellowship year will begin in January 2022, with applications opening in March 2021.
If you are interested in being notified when applications become available, you can add your contact information to this interest form or email applications@
Please reach out to email@example.com with questions.
We have closed applications for our 2020-21 cohort.
The written application consists of an Application Form, a one-page Resume, a Personal Statement, the Empower Supplemental Statement (for Empower Fellowship applicants only), and two References.
Applications are due:
- February 2, 2020, for the Early Application
- March 1, 2020, for the Regular Application
- We will accept applications on a rolling basis until the cohort is full.
1) Using this link, submit your Application Form to provide us with contact information and demographic information.
2) Using this link, submit your Personal Statement, Resume, and (if applicable) your Empower Supplemental Statement.
3) Using this link, have your two references submit this Reference Form.
4) Match Day will be on a Monday May 11, 2020. Please save this date if you do not already have an organizing job that you would like to be your Placement.
The process of becoming a JOIN Fellow has 4 stages:
- Written Application (deadlines Feb. 2, March 1, and rolling until the cohort is full)
- Phone Interview with Fellowship Alum (in the 2-3 weeks following the written application deadline or coordinated on a rolling basis)
- Virtual Interview with Fellowship Alum and JOIN Staff (in the 2-3 weeks following the phone screen or coordinated on a rolling basis)
- Finding a Placement (rolling until the Fellowship is full. The cohort will be between 12-14 Fellows including 4-6 Empower Fellows)
At each stage, candidates will be notified if they are moving forward in the process. After the Virtual Interview, candidates will be notified if they have been accepted as Finalists. Finalists are candidates who have been selected for the Fellowship, on the condition that they have a paid organizing Placement.
Finding a Placement
All Jewish Organizing Fellows work as paid professional organizers in Placement Organizations. Placements are organizations that have applied and been accepted to be a Placement through JOIN’s Placement Application Process. Jewish Organizing Fellowship Finalists can find Placements in the following ways:
- Finalists who are already employed in organizing jobs and intend to stay in their current jobs as their Placement should have their employer apply to be a JOIN Placement Organization. Organizations must be approved by JOIN for Justice as a Placement Organization. Please contact Jihelah at firstname.lastname@example.org for support in navigating this process.
- Finalists from the early application round, regular application rounds, and select Finalists who applied after March 1st who do not year have an organizing job may:
- Apply for organizing positions and encourage those organizations to apply to be a Placement Organization
- Attend Match Day in Boston, MA on May 11, 2020, to interview in person with several organizations that JOIN for Justice has already accepted as Placement Organizations
- There will be an interview preparation opportunity available before this day, date and time TBD.
All Finalists who do not secure a Placement are invited to continue looking for organizing jobs in Boston until the Fellowship cohort is full. If Finalists find a job that meets the JOIN placement criteria and their employer agrees to their participation in the Fellowship, they are then accepted as a Fellow. As you may imagine, every year there are some people accepted as Finalists who do not find an organizing position and are unable to be a Fellow for the following year. To maximize Finalists’ opportunity to be a Fellow, we strongly encourage candidates to apply to the Early Application Round so they have a longer amount of time to secure an organizing job, and we encourage Finalists to begin applying early to organizing positions.
For questions about the Fellowship or the application process, please contact Jihelah Greenwald at email@example.com or 617-350-9994 ex 208.
Empower Fellowship Supported by: