We are now accepting applications for our 2020-21 cohort. To learn more about the Fellowship, please join our informational call on January 14th from 7-8:30 pm EST. RSVP here. You can also reach Jihelah Greenwald at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-350-9994 ex. 208. with any questions about next year’s Fellowship. We want to hear from you!
The written application consists of an Application Form, a one-page Resume, a Personal Statement, the Empower Supplemental Statement (for Empower Fellowship applicants only), and two References.
Applications are due:
- February 2, 2020, for the Early Application
- March 1, 2020, for the Regular Application
1) Using this link, submit your Application Form to provide us with contact information and demographic information.
2) Using this link, submit your Personal Statement, Resume, and (if applicable) your Empower Supplemental Statement.
3) Using this link, have your two references submit this Reference Form.
4) Match Day will be on a Monday in May 2020, date to be announced.
The process of becoming a JOIN Fellow has 4 stages:
- Written Application
- Phone Screen with Fellowship Alum
- Virtual Interview with Fellowship Alum and JOIN Staff
- Finding a Placement
At each stage, candidates will be notified if they are moving forward in the process. After the Virtual Interview, candidates will be notified if they have been accepted as Finalists. Finalists are candidates who have been selected for the Fellowship, on the condition that they have a paid organizing Placement.
Finding a Placement
All Jewish Organizing Fellows work as paid professional organizers in Placement Organizations. Placements are organizations that have applied and been accepted to be a Placement through JOIN’s Placement Application Process. Jewish Organizing Fellowship Finalists can find Placements in the following ways:
- Finalists who are already employed in organizing jobs and intend to stay in their current jobs as their Placement should have their employer apply to be a JOIN Placement Organization. Organizations must be approved by JOIN for Justice as a Placement Organization. Please contact Jihelah at email@example.com for support in navigating this process.
- Finalists from the Early and Regular Application Rounds who do not yet have an organizing job may:
- Apply for organizing positions and encourage those organizations to apply to be a Placement Organization
- Interview for organizing positions at organizations that JOIN for Justice has already accepted as Placement Organizations
- Attend Match Day in Boston, MA on May 11, 2020, to interview in person with several organizations that JOIN for Justice has already accepted as Placement Organizations
All Finalists who do not secure a Placement are invited to continue looking for organizing jobs in Boston until the Fellowship cohort is full. If Finalists find a job that meets the JOIN placement criteria and their employer agrees to their participation in the Fellowship, they are then accepted as a Fellow. As you may imagine, every year there are some people accepted as Finalists who do not find an organizing position and are unable to be a Fellow for the following year. To maximize Finalists’ opportunity to be a Fellow, we strongly encourage candidates to apply to the Early Application Round so they have a longer amount of time to secure an organizing job, and we encourage Finalists to begin applying early to organizing positions.
For questions about the Fellowship or the application process, please contact Jihelah Greenwald at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-350-9994 ex 208.
Empower Fellowship Supported by: