Join the Greater Boston Jewish community for an in-depth exploration of cuisine, agriculture, labor, business, health, access, history, and spirituality. Participate in a range of hands-on activities, Jewish textual reflections, and contemporary food justice sessions.
Sunday April 22, 12:00pm-8:00pm
Hebrew College, 160 Herrick Road, Newton Centre, MA
Tickets: $36 adults; $18 for those under 18
Includes a locally sourced Kosher vegetarian dinner.
Register here! For more information contact Leora Mallach at 617-877-2036
Co-sponsored by Ganei Beantown: Beantown Jewish Gardens and Hebrew College. Supported in part by a CJP Innovation Grant.
Sessions at the conference will include:
- Agricultural dimensions of the Jewish calendar cycle
- Contemporary Jewish spiritual practice
- Kosher ritual slaughter and eating ethics
- Models of Community Supported Agriculture and Sustainable Simchas
- Shuk (marketplace) with educational resources, local vendors of Judaica crafts, sustainable food goodies (to purchase and to taste) and community partners
- Wool spinning, sauerkraut making & wheat threshing
- Workers’ rights, food aid and access
See here for full list of titles, educators and detailed workshop descriptions. JOIN for Justice alumna Meira Soloff will be one of the presenters!