Initial Application Phase
Please be in touch with Jihelah Greenwald at email@example.com with any questions about next year’s Fellowship, we want to hear from you!
The process looks as follows: After each deadline, we will notify you if you are selected for a phone screen. If invited to move on in the process following your phone screen, candidates from both the early round and regular round will be invited to our one group interview event on April 7, 2019. More information can be found below.
The written application consists of an online form, a one-page resume, a personal statement, and two references. In order to be considered for the 2019-2020 fellowship class, all written application materials must be received by January 23, 2019 for the early round or February 27, 2019 for the regular round. Please click here for more details about the written application (including the personal statement prompt and reference form).
Applicants who pass the written application stage will then participate in an individual phone interview conducted by an alumnus or staff. These phone interviews will take place within two weeks of each application deadline.
Group Interview & Matching Event
- Candidates who pass the phone interview will be invited to an in-person, group interview in Boston.
- Candidates will participate in workshops and skills trainings and will be evaluated on a number of different criteria.
- The interview date both early and regular round applicants will be April 7, 2019, and will be held in Boston. If you are accepted into this round, you will be notified with more specifics.
- Finalists who are already employed by organizations that have been approved as Placement Organizations are fully accepted into the Fellowship class for the next year and do not need to attend the Matching Event.
- Finalists who are already employed in organizing jobs, but whose organizations have not been approved as Placement Organizations, can encourage their organizations to apply to be a placement. These finalists should consult with JOIN staff about whether or not they should participate in the Matching Event.
- Finalists who do not yet have an organizing job will interview with Placement Organizations at the Matching Event in Boston.
- The finalists who get job offers after the event are then accepted into the Fellowship class for the next year.
- Finalists who don’t get job offers through the Matching Event are invited to continue looking for organizing jobs in Boston. If they find a job that meets the JOIN placement criteria and their placement agrees to their participation in the Fellowship, they are also then accepted into the Fellowship class for the next year.
- The matching event will be held on May 13, 2019 in Boston.
For questions about the Fellowship or the application process, please contact Jihelah Greenwald at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-350-9994 ex 208.